The Systems and Development Department consists of a number of sections which are responsible for following up maintenance and operation phases of the following systems:
(1) Students Information System: the System includes a number of subsystems, are the registration system, university fees system, student affairs system (loans, grants, student housings, student clinic, student activities, clubs, alumni ring and yearbook), postgraduate admission and grades systems.
(2) Financial and Inventory System: includes a group of subsystems, such as the budget system (bank accounts and authorized signatories, sponsors, sub-receipts books, incoming and outgoing), estimated budget system, funds system (marine Station, health insurance fund / accounting, investment fund, end of service indemnity fund, student loans fund, housing fund, provident fund, donation fund, university club), Center of Consultation system and the inventory system.
(3) Human Resources and Payroll System: includes the HR system, payroll system (costs, financial control, health insurance, provident, investment, housing, university club / loans, mobile phones) and the internal and external scholarships (Master, PhD) system.
(4) Other systems:
Including the following:
- Library System (Bibliography system, borrow and return, periodicals, dedications, exchange, purchase, cataloging and classification, book binding, manuscripts, Academy of Arabic Language, Model School / bibliography and borrowing systems).
- Internet Laboratories Reservation System.
- Laboratory Administration System.
- Faculty Decisions Archiving System.
- Overtime System.
- Course Management and Certification System / Islamic Cultural Center.
- Drugstore and Tools System / Faculty of Dentistry.
- Computer Lab Management System /Actuarial Science.
- National Drug and Poison Information System - University of Jordan Hospital.
- Vocal Studies and Research System.
The Systems and Development Department has the following tasks:
1. Develop plans to organize and follow-up the implementation of tasks carried out by the Department.
2. Build up a comprehensive plan to develop the duties of the Department.
3. Study, analyze, design and develop detailed requirements of new systems.
4. Identify and develop the specifications of the software required in the operating systems.
5. Study, analyze and design requirements for maintenance of existing systems, and identify detailed specifications desired for the maintenance of software.
6. Conduct a feasibility study to assess the feasibility of computerizing administrative work at the University.
7. Design and manage databases in coordination with the Infrastructure and Networks Department.
8. Preparation of end user authorization for systems and databases in collaboration with the Infrastructure and Networks Department.
9. Supervise and follow-up integration of systems.
10. Supervise and follow-up implementation of systems.
11. Examine performance of software (Application Tuning) to improve the performance of the whole system.
12. Perpetuate operations and maintenance of existing administrative systems.
13. Conduct a conformity assessment for completed projects to make sure that they match the requirements of the users.
14. Oversee the operations (Data Migration) in case of system development.
15. Prepare user manuals.
16. Provide training for end-users.
17. Provide documentation for all tasks carried out by the Department.